Saturday 3 October 2015

Creature Character Silouettes

This task was to use images of Crustaceans and create 3 Design Silhouettes. Here is my Mood board on a variety of pictures of Crustaceans creatures.


Black Silhouettes: 

For these designs I used a couple of images from my mood board and incorporated it into each of my creatures. For the 1st image I used this image as a template to get an overview of what to design and took certain body parts from other crustaceans and combined them together. 


A Few Images I used for my creatures:










In Greyscale:



My idea for the 2nd Silhouette was pretty simple, I got the idea from crabs and there claws, there body and feet. As I developed the creature I just experimented with different sizes of the claws and it worked really well.

My final idea, was my favorite one because I took the head of one of my pictures from my mood board and used that as a starting point to evolve my character and the results were impressive since the creature looks pretty evil. 


Here is my designs in Color:



Overall, I really like all my creature designs because they all look really unique in there own way and the use of the different shades of black to create tone and features on the bodies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment