Sunday 11 October 2015

Body Porportions

This task was about understanding Body Proportions. We had to design 2 characters, an Elf and a Dwarf.

For my first Elf design, I got my inspiration from Night Elf's in World of Warcraft and decided to design a modern night elf which glows during the night. She is currently wearing a glowing body suit and she specializes in fire magic. Alongside, her ears, eyes and headband, I chose these parts to glow as well because it brings out her features more. 



For my Dwarf character, I used an inspiration from the Smurfs and I wanted a fat, chubby dwarf that has a long beautiful blue beard who has fists that are on fire and deals a lot of damage. I added glasses to my dwarf because I want him to be intelligent. 


Overall, I am very happy with both my designs, because I invested more time into blending different shades of colors together and using the smudge tool to blend the colors in. I decided to flip the canvas of my character because its a great way to check errors and to see the character in a whole new angle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment