Friday 2 October 2015

Robot Concept Work

This task was to create and come up with a 'Bad Ass' Robot character.

 My influence came from a sculpture I took in Thailand of a Steam Punk creature made out of old machine gun parts. The setting I was going for was an old Western. I got inspiration from the sculpture and a movie called 'The Good, The Bad, The Ugly'. 








I thought this was interesting and so I took this idea and evolved it into a Mexican Robot with a Sombrero. (I like Sombreros)  



Here are a few rough drawings of  concept ideas for the robot:




Final Concept Design:


Overall, I really liked the whole idea of the old gun machine parts and how I evolved it to a Mexican Robot Sheriff and I thought it looked 'Bad-Ass'. The process of designing this robot went really well since I had a basic overall shape of my robot and I just added a few features and evolved it to a even better robot and in the end it turned out pretty good. I used different shades of colors; Brown, Dark Brow, Yellow, Orange, Red and just blended it in and it turned out nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment